- Give A Horse A Second Chance, a book about adopting and caring for rescue horses. Includes favorable reviews for the book by Western Horseman, Horse Illustrated and the Natural Horse. http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK1HIOS8NBG4MAM
- The Nevada Commission for the Preservation of Wild Horses will conduct their next meeting on November 26, 2007 an 12:00 pm (noon) at the Washoe County Commission Chambers, 1001 E. 9th, Reno, NV 89512. Copies of the Commission's agenda were cited as posted on their website, at http://www.wildhorse.nv.gov/ but as of today, no agenda is publicly available.
1. Issuing recommendations for the National policies and procedures of implementing gelding herds in lieu of functional reproductive herds to the National Wild Horse and Burro Advisory Board.
2. Discussing Litigation Options regarding the wild horse and burro program though no information was provided on what the Commission intends to begin litigation on.
3. Requesting studies on fertility control treatments that now have been applied to a large percentage of the remaining wild populations.
4. Reviewing BLM management of the Nellis wild horses located in the Nevada Wild Horse range with special emphasis on water management or the lack of it.
- The Bureau of Land Management in Utah has bombarded the public with FIVE Draft Management Plans for establishing how public lands will be managed within the next 10-20 years. These plans will become the guiding foundation for HOW Utahs wild horse and burro herds will be administered and grant BLM the future authority of what they do to those herds. Land use plans are huge documents that require hours of study of BLMs proposals. Posting five of them all within the same few months is yet another effort by land managers to overwhelm the public and consequently, discourage public awareness, participation and involvement.
Moab Draft Management Plan - Public Input Due by November 30, 2007 http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/planning/draft_rmp_eia.html#Download
Vernal Draft Management Plan -Supplemental - Public Input Due by January 3, 2008
Kanab Draft Management Plan - Public Input Due by January 12, 2008 http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/kanab/planning/draft_rmp_eis.html
Richfield Draft Management Plan - Public Input Due by January 26, 2008 http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/richfield/planning/rmp/draft_rmp_eis.html
Monticello Draft Management Plan - Public Input Due by February 8, 2008 http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/monticello/planning/draft_rmp_eis.html