- Conservation Magazine presents an indepth article titled Wildlife Contraception by Douglas Fox on the use of contraceptives for wildlife. Focuses on the origination and history of PZP and how it is being used on wild horses, elephants and deer. http://www.conbio.org/CIP/article40712.cfm
- Celebration abounds as the only "true wild horse" and teetering on extinction, the Przewalski horses at the Monarto Zoo finally has a foal that survived since 2001. http://www.news.com.au:80/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,22776351-2682,00.html
- The Nevada Commission for the Preservation of Wild Horses will conduct their next meeting on November 26, 2007 an 12:00 pm (noon) at the Washoe County Commission Chambers, 1001 E. 9th, Reno, NV 89512. Copies of the Commission's agenda were cited as posted on their website, at http://www.wildhorse.nv.gov/ but as of today, no agenda is publicly available.
1. Issuing recommendations for the National policies and procedures of implementing gelding herds in lieu of functional reproductive herds to the National Wild Horse and Burro Advisory Board.
2. Discussing Litigation Options regarding the wild horse and burro program though no information was provided on what the Commission intends to begin litigation on.
3. Requesting studies on fertility control treatments that now have been applied to a large percentage of the remaining wild populations.
4. Reviewing BLM management of the Nellis wild horses located in the Nevada Wild Horse range with special emphasis on water management or the lack of it.