- Congradulations to Chuck Matton of Wild Horse Preservation League for his recent appointment to the Sierra Front-Norwestern Great Basin Resource Advisory Council as the Wild Horse & Burro Representative. You may contact Chuck at 191 Territory Road, Dayton, NV 89403 Phone: (775) 720-9678 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BLM Nevada Statewide Resource Advisory Council Meeting, Thursday, November 15, 2007 at Gold Dust West, 2171 Highway 50 East, Carson City, Nevada.
- Next time you are reading a government proposal regarding wild horses and burros posing such a singular deadly threat to motorists (such as Sheldon's National Wildlife Refuge Environmental Assessments), lob these statistics back at them regarding other wildlife species. "Every year, an estimated 1.5 million animals are hit on U.S. raods and more than 200 people are killed in collisions with deer, elk and other wildlife. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, wildlife vehicle collisions cause $1 billion in property damage each year." From Defenders of Wildlife http://action.defenders.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=26661.0&dlv_id=46261&JServSessionIdr009=g8xk5ys182.app23a
- Highly Recommended! A recent publication titled, Western Turf Wars, The Politics of Public Lands Ranching by Mike Hudak is being called a must-read by those who have been following the long descent of public lands at the hands of the influential and powerful. To read more about the compelling and hard-hitting truth about what really goes on behind the scenes with public land "management" or to order a copy, go to http://www.westernturfwars.com/
- Two articles detailing Governor having a cow because funding was directed away from wild horse removals in Wyoming to wild horse removals in Nevada. http://z93-y99.com/y99/?http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/2007/10/23/news/wyoming/doc471e6d36c7500081849939.txt
- Public Lands Precedent? A potentially powerful new legal ruling regarding the necessity of properly evaluating proposals before they are approved. http://www.hcn.org/servlets/hcn.Article?
~~~~~WILD BURRO RESCUE UPDATE~~~~~
October 24, 2007
October 24, 2007
Posted by Preserve The Herds at 1:10 AM